Storysmash – A Story in a Game, The Event!
Storysmash Festival: A Story in a Game
Where writing and gaming come together.
Want to be a writer? Want to be a games designer?
Join us for a free afternoon of imagination and imagination and inspiration, with special guests, author masterclasses, workshops and the chance to play new Storysmash games developed by local creators.
Storysmash has assembled a fantastic line up of award-winning authors and writers. Find out what inspires them and take the opportunity to get advice into helping with your stories and characters.
- Award-winning author of Vurt; Jeff Noon who invites you to join him to explore experimental fiction
- Nottingham based award-winning author of Smart, Kim Slater who helps you to structure a story, plan a narrative and develop compelling characters
- The awesome performance poet, Panya Banjoko who will explore your creative side as you craft a poem and develop your performance skills
- The inspiring author of novels including Foxy-T, Tony White the inspiring author of novels including Foxy-T as he talk about his diverse writing career and his collaboration with the groundbreaking Blast Theory, which led to the creation of Zombies Ate My Library
- Stuart Hill award-winning author of historical fantasy novels for Young Adults, will help you create a story, and chat about his experiences on the long and rocky road to publication
- and finally Dean Wilkinson who returns to Storysmash to talk about his incredible work and career and will then lead you all through an awesome and hilarious character creation workshop.
- And finally, join experts from The National Videogame Arcade to create your own unique, interactive choose-your-own-adventure-style story with TWINE, an easy to use free software.
There will be lots to see and do, which means, you WILL NOT want to miss this! We are super excited to see you all there – so get your free tickets now!
Friday 23 February, 1pm - 6pm at Nottingham Conference Centre, Burton Street, NG1 4BU
Everyone welcome; suitable for 11 - 99 year olds.
Storysmash is a project delivered by Nottingham City Libraries in partnership with The National Videogame Foundation and Nottingham UNESCO City of Literature, funded by Arts Council England.