We’ll publish here the policies by which we operate our company, activities and events.
We might revise these from time to time. Updates will always be posted here.
Non- Discrimination and Anti Harassment Policy
The National Videogame Foundation is dedicated to providing services and experiences for everyone regardless of gender, sexuality, age, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, or religion. For this reason, we will not tolerate any form of harassment on our premises. Anyone found to be defying our policy risks being ejected from the premises without refund. In extreme cases we may involve the police.
What is Harassment?
- offensive verbal or written comments about gender, sexuality, age, impairment, physical appearance, body size, race or religion
- showing sexual images in public spaces. Discussion or images related to sex, pornography, discriminatory language or similar is welcome if it meets all of the following criteria: (a) organisers have specifically granted permission in writing; (b) it is necessary to the topic of discussion and no alternative exists; (c) it is presented in a respectful manner, especially towards women and LGBTQIA people; and (d) attendees are warned in advance in the programme and respectfully given ample warning and opportunity to leave beforehand.
- intimidation, stalking or following
- photographing or recording someone without their permission
- sustained disruption of events
- uninvited physical contact
- uninvited sexual attention
Participants asked to stop harassing behaviour must comply immediately or risk being ejected from the premises.
What should I do if I am being harassed?
Please inform your nearest Crew member or other member of NVA staff. We can move you into a safe space until the incident is dealt with if needed.
Your privacy is really important to us, so please address any questions or feedback to email@example.com
HOW WE LEARN PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU.
On this website, or as a mechanism in projects that we might operate, we sometimes ask you for information about yourself. This might be your name, email address, postcode – it’s information that is unique to you and identifies you.
We might also collect data about how you use our events or services for the purposes of improving them.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
We’ll only ever use information about you in ways you have given us permission to do. Usually, this is to help us communicate with you more effectively.
We will never sell, loan or give your information to a third-party.
WHEN WE MIGHT SHARE INFORMATION ABOUT YOU.
There are exceptions to the above. We might share information we hold about you:
If the law requires us to divulge information about you, we may choose to do so. We will notify you of any such requests.
If we believe it is necessary to prevent harm to you or someone else.
If our organisational structure changes, for example if we are acquired, go bankrupt or are restructured, we might pass your information on to our successors.
HOW LONG DO WE STORE INFORMATION ABOUT YOU?
Only for as long as it is necessary to achieve what we collected it for. Following that period, we will take steps to destroy it unless we are required by law to keep it for longer.
OTHER THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW…
We don’t ask for, or store your credit card details.
We don’t want to collect information about anyone under 16 years old. If you are a person responsible for someone under 16 and believe we have information about them, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org